Saturday, June 4, 2016

Fighting the urge for food....Near LAX

DAMN YOU GOOD FOOD!!!!

Why does food have to be so tasty? I know we eat to live, but does it have to be so addicting? I try to have breakfast in the morning. I make some eggs for my sons, maybe waffles. By 11:00 am we want more food, but what? The oldest would eat nothing but hot dogs and chicken nuggets if he could. The little one would be happy eating ketchup with fries (that's right, ketchup with a side of fries). The baby can only have formula. But me? I want everything. Pizza, hamburgers, Chinese, Indian, Thai, Chimichangas, soups, salads, steak, chicken wings, gyros and all the drinks you can think of (non-alcoholic, no coffee or tea).

Why these foods? Because I can find a restaurant with these items close to where I live. If I would move to a place that didn't have so many choices to eat I would cry. Yet I don't eat these foods often. Do I want to? I think the title of this post says it all...uh hell yeah. So I fight the good fight with my urges, but I may not have the means to eat what I want. The dollar doesn't go as far as it use to. My family may not like what I feel like eating. They have different taste in food at times. There are so many reasons why I'm not able or willing to eat what I feel like.

By now you know I'm just venting my food frustration. So that's enough of that. But if you're ever near LAX (Los Angeles International Airport) you may want to visit the restaurants I enjoy in the area. I'll base this off the list of food I want all the time.

Pizza: Valentino's, El Segundo location
I've never had pizza from New York, but this New York style pizza is good. They also have a sausage roll that taste good, it comes with a dipping marinara sauce. They also have other stuff. I recoment getting a slice of pepperoni and sausage and a sausage roll.





: Mel'o Burger, no web site, Lennox off Century Blvd.

(10003 S Inglewood Ave, Inglewood, CA 90304)
This mom and pop joint has a large menu, but stick with the safe stuff. you cant go wrong with a burger. the chili cheese fries are good too. and if you want a shake they have 24 flavors (i think).






Chinese: any "cheap" Chinese joint.
The restaurant I enjoyed the most burnt town some time ago. I haven't found a place like it since. There is one next to Mel'o Burger called China One Dollar Express (4808 w Century Blvd.). It's ok. Or try the Flower Drum (4843 w Century Blvd), they way have changed the name but it's the same dine in style place.









Indian: India's Tandoori Halal Restaurant, Manhattan Beach
(916 N Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266)
There may be Indian restaurants closer to LAX but this is the one I enjoy the most. The wait staff is cool, the food is delicious and the buffet's good. There is one I do want to try in El Segundo. I'll update this post if I like it more when I go.













Thai: The Thai Plate, Lennox off Hawthorne Blvd.
(10311 S Hawthorne Blvd. Inglewood (Lennox), CA 90304)
The service isn't top notch but the food sure is. My favs are the fried wonton, pad thai, fried rice and wonton soup.






Chimichanga: Chile Verde, Inglewood (but it's a chain so other places too)
(3382 Century Blvd. Inglewood Ca 90303)
Chimichanga= deep fried burrito. THERE!







Soups & Salads: This is a tough one.
I like them from Soup Plantation and Banera Bread, but lots restaurants  have good soups and salads.

Steak:  Outback Steak House, not at all close to LAX.
The closest Outback is in Torrance CA. but if you just want the beef you can go anywhere. I do like outback best in the chain steak house category. and it doesn't hurt they have the Blooming Onion.

Chicken Wings: Wing Stop/Buffalo Wild Wings,
I like both these two wing places. If you want variety go to BWW. The flavors Wing Stop has are good but BWW has a lot more, and more on the menu in general.

I've added the links to the restaurants when I could or the addresses.

Enjoy!





3 comments:

  1. also good fresh chinese food with mongolian bbq at the SW corner of century and Hawthorne blvd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been there but only had their Chinese. It wasn't that great, except for their noodles, they were good. I think my wife has.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the gimmick is that the all the food is sold by weight which is affordable

      Delete