Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Antipasti at Dough San Antonio

Remember the time in Pulp Fiction when Uma Thurman as Mia went to the restroom in Jack Rabbit Slims and the next scene you see is her lifting her head up from what I'm guessing was a counter after doing cocaine and her reaction? Well, that's what I imagine it was like when I went to Dough in San Antonio. Most notable having the antipasti.

This is how it went down.

My expecting wife, 2 small children and I drove from Los Angeles (LAX area) to San Antonia for Thanksgiving. The drive was about 22 hours and not too bad. We got to Arizona in about 4 hours. From there time is a blur. but driving through Arizona was nice. The scenery was what you imagine, a desert. Yet there were a few large cities along the way so if we broke down I wouldn't have worried. Then we drove through New Mexico. This was also what you expected, and like Arizona, but with less cities. I feel like most of the driving happened in Texas. The only city I remember passing before we got to San Antonia was El Paso, I think it was El Paso. We stopped here and there for restroom breaks and food and gas.

We spent a week in San Antonia, We tourist-ed the Alamo, River Walk, and ate Whataburger and a BBQ place I forget the name, something like Bill Murray. The food highlight was eating at Dough.

Dough is a Pizzeria Napoletana. It looks very nice, they have indoor and outdoor sitting, standered fancy table setup with the white table cloth and  cloth napkins and utensils. There papers towels in the restroom were exquisite, we even framed one. The kids roll the dough for their own cheese pizza, which is complementary. We order the appetizer, the antipasti. We actually order two different antipasti, and two Pizza. I only had pizza that day because we ordered it, but the antipasti was off the chain. I could eat it forever. I don't even know all the stuff that it included. It had cheese, soft creamy cheeses. There were figs, olives and mushrooms, souses and a honey comb. That's the stuff I know, there were other stuff that just made it all a dream. We mixed a
nd matched everything with everything. This place left an impression.

All in all if you happen to be in San Antonia or Dallas TX make your way there. Even if its full and there's a line around the block you stay....STAY!



No comments:

Post a Comment